Presented by Romulus Crisan, Language Platform Evangelist Developer, find out how you can start developing your own apps or integrations with SDL Trados Studio 2017 using SDL’s APIs and SDKs. This webinar will also inform you how to update your previously built apps to support Studio 2017.
SDL is the world's largest supplier of language technology solutions. As a developer looking to showcase your creative talent and to generate revenue, the SDL AppStore Developer Hub is the vehicle for you. There is simply no better shop window for your development talents.
Our developer hub provides:
- Free access to the SDL Trados Studio, SDL MultiTerm and SDL Passolo APIs and associated SDKs
- Free basic support and access to the SDL Community developer forum
- Free security check and listing of your application on the SDL AppStore
The Software Development Kit (SDK) has been designed to enable you to fully interact with other developers to make the most of the product APIs. The SDK allows you to:
- Share your experience, ask questions and contribute to the documentation by leaving comments directly on documentation pages
- Use the 'Community' functionality of the SDK to add code samples, how-to guides or any other useful information directly to the SDK
- Access the API documentation offline via the zip package
The SDL AppStore Developer Community Forum provides a platform to interact with fellow developer enthusiasts and is the place to go to if you have any SDK questions. You can use the community forum to:
- Keep up to date with new additions to the API
- Discuss app ideas
- Ask questions about the API and how to use it
- Add your app for beta testing.
You can add your app to the SDL AppStore to share the download with other SDL Language Technology users. To do this you need to have an active license for the SDL product your app works for and sign up to be an SDL Developer. To sign up, you need to login to your SDL Account and go to the 'Apps & Developers' tab which can be found in the top menu, then click the 'Apps' tab below it. You will find the 'Become an SDL Developer' button on this page.
Once you have been approved, you can submit your app within this section by clicking the ‘Add a new App’ button. You will be prompted to give your app a name and version number. After this, you will then need to complete a short form describing your app before submitting it for review.
When your app has been submitted it is subject to our security and functional review process. Once the app has been approved we will contact you to let you know that it is being published to the store. If you later wish to update your app, you can do this by revisiting the 'Apps' section of your SDL Account. You then simply need to select the app you would like to update, edit the form with your changes and then press the 'Save' button to submit your app's update for review. The SDL AppStore team will contact you to let you know when the updated version has been published.
If you would like to have more than one version of an app live on the app store simultaneously, you can press the 'Add a new version' button to create multiple records of the same app. This is useful for cases where an app has both a paid version and a free version or if an app has separate installers for different versions of an SDL product.